Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Multi-reading

I never used to be one of those people who would read more than one book at a time. How do people DO that?! I'd wonder. As with most things in my life these days though, I find that I multi-task. To a fault. Even with books. Devouring one book at a time is no longer enough. There are just too many out there to consume! Not helping this obsession is the Kindle app on my phone. Recently I have found I have a bit of an addiction which may, in fact, require intervention. SO MANY books that go with me EVERYwhere at ONE TOUCH of a button. It's too much for an avid reader to handle responsibly (and I haven't lately). But I will say this. I don't know that I'm savoring books as I love to do when I have more than one going at a time. Too many areas of my life already feel cluttered and with my already poor memory it's probably not helpful to retention. And so I will, one at a time, finish the multiple books I'm halfway through (see sidebar), enjoying fully each one, digesting its contents, before I move on to the next one calling my name. And the beautiful thing is that for the rest of my life, without fail, there will be another book waiting for me to pick it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment