Thursday, April 5, 2012

Her Last Letter by Nancy C. Johnson

Another 99-center from dear Amazon and its Kindle app. I told you I have a problem.
Gwyn is struggling to recover from the death of her sister by hit-and-run accident a year previous. She grapples with both joyful memories and painful regrets regarding their relationship as she works to move on with her life which takes place in Colorado and is lived with her husband, Trevor, best friend, Caroline, and older sister, Linda.
While going through her sister's home, Gwyn comes across a cryptic letter Kelly left behind, confessing to being intimately involved with her "sister's boyfriend" and fearing for her life at the hands of this unnamed man. At the time of Kelly's death, both Gwyn and Linda were dating their now-husbands. Could one of them possibly be the cause of Kelly's death? How well does each sister really know her husband?
While the book was deliciously suspenseful throughout, I found the ending to be decidedly anti-climatic.
BOTTOM LINE: Kudos to the author for leaving me hanging until the end. But if I paid more than 99 cents for this thing I'd be pissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment