Tuesday, September 28, 2010

No-Obligation Book Club

It's probably no secret that I LOVE book clubs (I'm in two of them after all). Marrying two of my most favorite things (books and friends) is the highlight of my month. But I know there are some people who feel too much pressure in a book club (carving out time to meet, choosing a book/leading a discussion, finishing a book by a deadline), so I thought this was kind of cool when I stumbled across it in an issue of Real Simple (a magazine I LOVE!). It's the Real Simple No-Obligation Book Club, and you can access it here. Basically, one book a month is chosen, and a Real Simple editor leads the discussion, which you can join any time (or not at all). Sometimes I know I just love to have a good recommendation, and it looks like a variety of reads are suggested here.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! And I hope it wasn't in the real simple I gave you b/c that means I didn't read it as well as I thought I did:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I honestly don't remember. It was either the one you gave me or the one my mom gave me. :)

    ReplyDelete